All shipments are subject to inspection. All surface shipments will incur container detention and demurrage on average of 30 days. Surface shipments will also incur container detention. The average detention period is 60 days. Detention can be avoided by using a SOC shipper owned container. Upon arrival one must declare all foreign currency. You should be present at the destination when the shipment arrives. Used household goods and personal effects are duty free.
NOTE: All shipments transiting through Pakistan bound for Afghanistan are being held by the Pakistani government indefinitely. The Pakistani government has not commented on how long containers will be held nor who is liable for port storage costs and container rental fees being incurred. Until further notice air or sea shipments should be routed via Europe, Singapore or United Arab Emirates.
- Passport including photo page
- Visa issued at Afghan Consulate at origin
- Work Permit – obtained from the Consulate Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by the Employer directly on the Customer’s behalf. Extensions can go through the Ministry of the Interior
- Bill of Lading/Air Waybill – must be labelled “In transit to Afghanistan via (insert origin country)”
- Transit Permission – if applicable Comprehensive inventory including values of items.
- Resident Visa – issued by the Ministry of the Interior
Foreign diplomats, members of government or international organizations are granted tax- and duty-free entry of their personal effects and household items either new or used.
- Diplomatic Visa – Obtained through the Afghan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Passport copy
- Comprehensive inventory list in English