For passengers of 18 years or older:
- 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250 grams of tobacco or tobacco products;
- 1 bottle of spirits;
For all passengers:
- 1 bottle of perfume for personal use;
- personal effects.
Arms and Ammunition regulations:
Authorization of the Minister of Inland is required.
Wild Fauna and Flora:
The import of certain endangered species of plant, live animals and their products is prohibited or restricted under CITES.
For further details please refer to CITES: www.cites.org .
Cats and dogs must be accompanied by:
- a rabies vaccination certificate issued more than 1 month and less than 6 months before departure; and
- a Veterinarian health certificate issued less than 48 hours before departure.
Baggage Clearance regulations:
Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry in Senegal.
Exempt: baggage of transit passengers with a destination outside of Senegal.
Currency Import regulations:
Residents: local currency (CFA Franc-XOF) and banknotes of countries of the French Monetary Area: unlimited.
Foreign currencies other than those above: unlimited if declared on arrival and exchanged within 8 days.
Non-residents: local currency and currencies of the French Monetary Area within Europe or Africa: unlimited.
Foreign currencies other than those above: unlimited. Amounts exceeding the equivalent of CFA 1,000.000.- must be declared on arrival.
Currency Export regulations:
Residents: for journeys to:
- Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Niger and Togo: unlimited, without declaration;
- other countries using the CFA franc: declaration required for amounts exceeding XOF
- countries outside the French Monetary Area: max. XOF 20,000.- or equivalent in XAF; and foreign currencies (if holding currency declaration and presentation of a bank attestation for foreign currencies):
- tourist journeys (yearly allowance) max. equivalent of XOF 200,000.-; XOF 100,000.-
- for children up to 10 years;
- business journeys max. equivalent of XOF 20,000.- per day (equivalent of max. XOF 300,000.- per journey).
- Non-residents: local currency (CFA Franc-XOF) and XAF and foreign currencies: up to the amount imported and declared.
No airport tax is levied on passengers upon embarkation at the airport.