Free import to passengers arriving in mainland Spain (incl. Balearic Islands) from non-EU Member States (incl. Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla, Channel Islands, Gibraltar and other similar territories) or to passengers arriving in the Canary Islands:
Tobacco products, for passengers aged 17 and older:
- 200 cigarettes; or
- 100 cigarillos (max. 3 grams each); or
- 50 cigars; or
- 250 grams of smoking tobacco; or
- proportional assortment;
Alcoholic beverages, for passengers aged 17 years and older:
- 1 liter of spirits over 22%, or non-denatured ethyl alcohol with more than 80% volume; or
- 2 liters of spirits or aperitifs made of wine or similar beverages less than 22% volume, or sparkling wines or liquor wines; or
- a proportional mix of these products; and in addition
- 4 liters of wine; and
- 16 liters of beer;
Medicines in proportion to the traveler’s needs;
Other goods (for air travellers), up to a total value of:
- EUR 430.-, per adult; or
- EUR 150.-, if aged under 15 years old.
Free import to passengers arriving in mainland Spain (incl. Balearic Islands but excl. Canary Islands) with goods purchased within the EU which are for personal use only:
- 800 cigarettes;
- 400 cigarillos (max. 3 grams each);
- 200 cigars;
- 1 kilogram of smoking tobacco;
- 10 liters of spirits over 22%;
- 20 liters of alcoholic beverages less than 22%;
- 90 liters of wine (though no more than 60 liters of sparkling wine);
- 110 liters of beer.
Products of animal origin, not originating from an EU Member State, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland, are not permitted to be imported into an EU Member State, with the exception of limited amounts from Andorra, Faroe Isl., Greenland, Iceland and small amounts of specific products from other countries.
For full details, please see or refer to the website of the European Union, http://europa.eu/.
For full details please see Terms & Definitions, section 5. Customs, or refer to the website of the European Union, http://europa.eu/.
Certain plants and plant products entering the EU must have an original phytosanitary certificate (see www.ec.europa.eu/food/plant/plant_health_biosecurity). These items must be declared on arrival and are subject to phytosanitary checks.
Arms and Ammunition regulations:
- Import from any country not mentioned in item 2. below, unless prior authorization has been obtained from the local district police. For hunting arms: if temporarily imported no special requirements apply, except that hunting arms must be declared on arrival;
- Import of arms and ammunition from Russian Fed. and Syria. For more information see https://sanctionsmap.eu/#/main/
Additional Information on regulations:
No free import of technical drawings, plans etc.
free export of moderate quantities of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages. For the Canary Islands: no restrictions.
Crew members customs regulations:
same regulations as for passengers apply.
Cats and dogs are subject to Regulation (EC) No. 998/2003 and Regulation (EU) 576/2013 and birds are subject to Decision 25/2007/EC
Pets arriving from Gibraltar may comply with the same regulations as pets arriving from EU Member States .
Import measures apply if importing 5 or more pets. All animals are subject to examination by Customs Veterinarian. The airport of final destination has to be an authorized point of entry (otherwise the controls need to be done in an authorized airport of transit). Clearance of animals may be delayed after working hours and at weekends. For transportation of cats and dogs in passengers cabin, it is advisable that pets are carried inside a stiff carton box or similar.
For detailed information contact the Ministry of Agriculture (www.magrama.gob.es/es/ganaderia/temas).
Pets arriving from Turkey or any other third country outside the EU can only enter via the following airports: Alicante (ALC,) Almeria (LEI), Barcelona (BCN), Castellon de La Plana (CDT), La Coruna (LCG), Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (LPA), Madrid (MAD), Malaga (AGP), Palma de Mallorca (PMI), Santander (SDR), Santiago De Compostela (SCQ), Tenerife Norte Los Rodeos (TFN), Tenerife Sur Reina Sofia (TFS), Valencia (VLC) or Vigo (VGO).
Entry via other airports is not allowed. In addition, the airport of Bilbao (BIO) specifically does not allow the entry of service animals.
Currency Import regulations:
Same regulations as for Export apply.
Currency Export regulations:
Local currency (Euro – EUR) and foreign currencies: no restrictions if arriving from or traveling to another EU Member State .
If arriving directly from or traveling to a country outside the EU: amounts exceeding EUR 10,000.- or more or the equivalent in another currency (incl. banker’s draft and cheques of any kind) must be declared.
No airport tax is levied on passengers upon embarkation at the airport.