- Tobacco products (for travelers over 18 years of age): 200 cigarettes and 50 cigars and 200 grams of tobacco and 200 cigarette papers or 200 grams pipe tobacco or 200 grams chewing tobacco or 200 grams tobacco for nargileh or 50 grams snuff. In addition to the above allowances, it is also possible to purchase 200 cigarettes, 100 cigars and 500 grams pipe tobacco in the Turkish Duty Free shops upon arrival;
- Alcoholic beverages (for travelers over 18 years of age): 1 liter over 22% volume or 2 liters under 22% volume;
- Max. 120 milliliter of perfume or eau-de-cologne;
- 1,5 kilogram of (instant) coffee and 500 grams of tea;
- 1 kilogram of chocolates and 1 kilograms of snacks (candies);
- Gifts up to the value of EUR 430.- (EUR 150.- for those aged under 15);
- Jewelry, articles made of precious stones or metals and other personal effects: up to a max. of USD 15,000.- or equivalent. Jewelry exceeding USD 15,000.- must be declared on arrival;
- Medications for personal use.
Arms and Ammunition regulations:
A limited amount of firearms and ammunition is permitted, which must be accompanied by an Import Permit, obtained in advance at the Ministry of Environment and Forestry.
- Two kilograms/3 cartons of local tobacco products, 5 kilograms of alcoholic beverages/12 bottles of Raki/local drinks and foodstuffs up to a total value of TRY 100.-, each commodity not to exceed 5 kgs.;
- Gift articles up to a value of TRY 5,000.-. If more is exported, proof is required that foreign currency has been exchanged to the amount in excess of TRY 5,000.-.
- Jewelry exceeding a value of USD 15,000.- must have been declared on arrival or accompanied by a proof of purchase in Turkey with legally exchanged currency.
Prohibited: antiques, grain products, tea, cacao, coffee and spices.
Pets must be accompanied by a:
- certificate of vaccination; and
- health certificate issued by an official veterinarian in country of export; and
- pet passport or identification card.
In connection with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, passengers must keep their pets in quarantine for 14 days.
Baggage Clearance regulations:
Baggage is cleared at the airport of entry in Turkey.
Exempt: baggage of transit passengers with a connection within Turkey to an airport with customs facilities.
Turkish airports with customs facilities are: Adana (ADA), Ankara (ESB), Antalya (AYT), Bodrum (BJV), Bursa (YEI), Dalaman (DLM), Denizli (DNZ), Elazig (EZS), Erzincan (ERC), Erzurum (ERZ), Gaziantep (GZT), Gazipasa (GZP), Hatay (HTY), Istanbul Ataturk (IST), Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen (SAW), Izmir (ADB), Kayseri (ASR), Konya (KYA), Kutahya (KZR), Malatya (MLX), Nevsehir (NAV), Samsun (SZF), Sanliurfa (GNY), Sivas (VAS) and Trabzon (TZX).
Baggage arriving on:
- Emirates (EK) can only be checked through to airport with customs facilities, within Turkey, if the connecting flight is operated by Atlasjet Airlines (KK);
- Qatar Airways (QR) can only be checked through to airport with customs facilities, within Turkey, if the first port of entry is: Adana (ADA), Hatay (HTY) or Sabiha Gokcen (SAW) and the connecting flight is operated by Atlasjet Airlines (KK), Pegasus Airlines (PC) or Turkish Airlines (TK); Istanbul (IST) and the connecting flight is operated by Atlasjet Airlines (KK) or Pegasus Airlines (PC).
Baggage arriving on Etihad Airways (EY) is cleared at the airport of entry in Turkey.
Exempt: baggage of transit passengers with a destination outside of Turkey.
Currency Import regulations:
Local currency (Turkish Lira-TRY) and foreign currencies: unlimited. However, passengers should declare large amounts on arrival.
Currency Export regulations:
Local currency (Turkish Lira-TRY) and foreign currencies: up to USD 5,000.- or equivalent. Exceeding amounts must be declared and it is required to hold a proof of purchase from an authorized bank.
Departure Tax of TRY 15.- is levied on Turkish nationals traveling abroad.
Place of payment: Airport of departure; at a bank or desk of the finance ministry.
Exempt: Turkish nationals who are permanent residents overseas.