Immigration to Italy & The Types of Visa
Italy attracts thousands of tourists each year and a large proportion of them lose their heart in it. Considering Italy is one of the easiest European countries to immigrate to, it attracts people from all around the globe.
Those interested in immigrating to Italy must apply for one of the visas available under the National Immigration Law. The same law provides for two categories of individual immigrants: EU and non-EU immigrants.
Types of Visa
- Temporary residence permit which allows a foreigner to live in Italy for a few years.
- The employment permit is available for those coming to Italy for work related purposes.
- The entrepreneurial permit which enables a non-EU individual to set up a small business
- The student visa is granted for a limited period of time to those who study in Italy.
- Golden Visa is a special category of visas issued to foreign citizens which enables them to apply for a residence permit based on investment. This type of visa is usually granted to non-EU citizens interested in making investments in Italy with the purpose of obtaining citizenship.
The easiest way of immigrating to Italy as a foreign individual is through temporary residence permit. This is usually issued to those who want to live and also work in Italy. This is why this type of permit is issued together with an employment contract.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!